April 24, 2008

The girls first "hijacked" lemonade stand




The other day the girls came running in from the park and asked me if I had some poster and a marker so they could make a sign. They said they needed a "pointer" sign for cars to see their lemonade stand. Since I wasn't aware of any lemonade stand being sponsored by our family that particular day, I asked them what they were talking about. Kate said "there's this "little" kid (her same age) who has a lemonade stand but nobody's buying lemonade so we're going to make a sign to help him sell his lemonade." So I figured the "little kid" knew about their generous offer and I helped them make the sign. As I watched them walk across the street with their sign and set it up in front of the lemonade stand, I hear them arguing with the "little kid."

Turns out the "little kid" had never met Annie and Kate before and had definitley not invited them to become "partners" in his little venture. But Kate convinced him that their sign would help him sell more lemonade and that he could have it if he would just give them some lemonade for free.

I've now got her working on some advertising trade deals with Nordstrom, Pottery Barn and Target - wish us luck!

No comments: