Well here we are on the 24th of December and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! And it's not because I'm excited about anything I may or may not get - in fact, that's one of the beauties of having a "financially challenged" Christmas budget for each other - our expectations are really low which frees us up to focus on the giving to others instead of the getting.
I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't posted in a few days and that I still had so many people to post about, when I checked our voicemail and there was a message from my Dad saying "just calling to wish you all a Merry Christmas and tell you I love you." This is the same Dad who we will see in just a few short hours for Christmas Eve dinner, so it's not like he lives half way across the country and had to call to wish us Merry Christmas. He just gets caught up in the Christmas spirit and had to share it - that's so my Dad!
Most of you have met my Dad and if you haven't then I'm sorry for you because he is truly one of the kindest, most easy going people you'll ever meet. He's the guy who whistles almost 24/7, smiles at complete strangers, can sit down and play the guitar and piano beautifully, by ear miind you, and never gets too fired up about anything (unless it has something to do with the Utes - then watch out!) He is so humble and yet so disciplined about certain things. He's the guy who you'll be talking to one Friday evening and asking him what he's doing the following morning and he'll say "oh just gonna go run a little marathon." How am I related to this person?
This is the same guy who accidentaly drove a golf cart into wet cement as the contruction workers who had just poured the cement watched. He's also the guy who cheerfully used to ask "who's this?" when I - his only daughter - would call him and say "Hi Dad" on the phone. He's actually gotten better about that - I think he's been practicing or something.
December 24, 2008
Gratitude: World's Best Dad
Merry Christmas Dad - you truly are the best Dad a girl could ever hope for!





