February 19, 2009

Gratitude: Kate





I've been so bad about not posting lately, and the guilt has finally caught up with me. I am so grateful for Kate - my spunky little 6 year old, my middle child (by one minute!)and my kid who always keeps things interesting around our house! Kate is a very thoughtful, clever little girl. She is my biggest helper and loves teaching Halle new things. She also loves to see how much she can get away with and can talk Annie into just about anything. Kate is the family Nark - I swear that girl even tattle tells in her sleep! She loves to read and write short stories and has darn near perfect handwriting.

The other day, she was reading one of her chapter books for school (29 chapters - geez!) and after she had gone to bed, I came downstairs, and on the sofa where she had been reading, I found her book with a little sticky note inside, with the word "interesting" (spelled "entresting") written in yellow highlighter. The next morning I asked her why she did that, and she said her teacher mentioned that it's a good idea to make notes while you read and she thought that page was interesting. Love it!



And a few weeks ago, their school celebrated "100 days left of school" and she brought home this "100 Day Activities" worksheet. The italicized words are the words she used to fill in the blanks:


I wish I had 100: toys. I wish I had 100: candy. I wish I had 100: dreams in one nigt. But I would not want 100: hollahoops.


I could eat 100: ice cream paks. I could eat 100: mackorony. I could eat 100: jello salid. But I could never eat 100: persons.


I could hold 100: hamsters. I could do 100: flips on the bing bag. I could make 100: chocklate pretsles. But I could never: eat 100: poop.


Priceless!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Posted by Picasa