December 5, 2008

Gratitude: Diet Coke


Okay, today I'm going to be a little lazy and say that I'm grateful for the obvious - Diet Coke. I mean, c'mon, isn't every LDS, stay-at-home mom grateful for Diet Coke? I know technically I'm not supposed to drink it because it has caffeine in it and believe me, I know why! Getting off the juice is definitely on my bucket list, but for now, it's a simple pleasure that I just can't seem to give up.

And it's not just regular old Diet Coke, but more specifically, McDonald's Diet Coke. Mmmmmmmmm. I don't know what they're putting in that stuff, or if it's the extra-wide straws that hold some magical kind of power over me, but they keep pulling me in.

I've decided how I'm going to make a million dollars AND loose weight all at the same time. I'm going to invent a personal, at home McDonalds Diet Coke machine - kind of like a coffee maker, but instead of coffee you just have McDonald's Diet Coke on tap 24/7 - with the magic straws and cups included. Think of all the money we'd save! Not to mention the gas money AND calories spent on the occassional (yeah, right) Cinnamelt, French Fries or McMuffin (you know exactley who you are!)

Sure, there may be a down side to having my own fountain of Diet Coke accessible to me at all hours of the day. I would miss my daily honk and wave as I pass most of my friends as we are on our way to and from McDonalds. I could become bloated beyond belief, loose all hydration in my body and be bouncing off the walls 24/7, but we'll never know until we try, now will we?
Seriously, you think I'm joking but I'm not. Someday I'm going to do it, along with my Pizza Factory drive-thru salad bar. Then my life will be perfect. Just you wait. . .
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

Janie, you are too cute! I too have a specia place in my heart for coke! I recently have discovered dr. pepper and love it! see you soon!

Stacy said...

Warning: do not read the Ensign this month. But I will come to your pizza factory drive thru if you serve the breadsticks.