December 4, 2008

Gratitude: Halle

Today I'm especially grateful for Halle - my sassy little 2 1/2 year old. I love her chubby little legs, the dimples on her fingers and that little waddle of baby fat that she still has underneath her chin. I love the way she solemnly says "fank you mom" every time I give her a string cheese (which happens a lot these days - the girl only eats like five things!) I love watching her try to play with her big sisters and I love to hear her say "dat's cool, Kate" or "what da heck?"

I'm grateful that there is a four year space between her and the twins because it means that I get her all to myself during the day. She's my little buddy. I love driving in the car and just when I'm starting to get into a radio program or a song, I'll hear her pipe up and say "look at da pretty leaves Mom" and then after I oooh and aaah at the pretty leaves, she'll mutter "she likes it!"


I love watching her do sign language, especially when she signs "firefighter."


So today I'm grateful for Halle and the blessing she is to our family. I'm grateful for the doctors and technology that helped make her life possible. I'm grateful that I had such a healthy pregnancy with her and that she is so healthy and happy.

I'm grateful for what an awesome baby she has been - she was absolutely perfect! I think the Lord knew that I could only handle so much and he took it easy on me. She was another little miracle baby for us and there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for her. There also isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel a little tinge of panic in my heart at how fast she is growing up. And it's that feeling of panic that makes me just want to slow down, and enjoy every second with her.


Halle, you rock!!!


























Photobucket

1 comment:

Holly and Steve said...

So cute! did you leave a comment on our blog? I think it was you, but am not positve! Heather designed my blog. see you next week at the party!